Maker unknown, in 1662 for Maihingen. In 1754 acquired for Mönchsdeggingen and transfered in 1755 after renovation (including new case) by Joseph and Franz Anton Allgeyer; in 1781 retuned to „Medianton".
State of preservation: preserved in the state of 1781 with majority of substance of 1662.
This instrument is the predecessor of the Baumeister organ in Maihingen which was sold to Mönchsdeggingen. There and during the retuning of 1781 a few alterations happened shaping the organ since and without any further changes to the present. In the new case in Mönchsdeggingen the organ was placed back towards front so the Gamba in the front gives the instrument an uncommon but very elegant appearance. When lowering the pitch in 1781 the pipes were shifted upwards (with the lowest pipes new) still visible by the changed repetition of the "Cembalo" (Zimbel) stop.
The organ is an early example of enhancing the 8' range with south German organs. Including four 8' stops within just nine manual stops shows the early desire for alternative and contrasting sound colours typical for the baroque organ culture of the region.
Johann Caspar Simon: Fughetta in A
played by Kurt-Ludwig Förg
C, D, E – c3; pedal C. D, E – gis0 (split short octaves)
Principal 8’ (wood)
Gamba 8’ (in the front!)
Cembalo 1’ 1f. (rep. on d2 in 2’; probably originally on c2 )
© Greifenberger Institut für Musikinstrumentenkunde | email@example.com